For as in Adam all died, even so in Christ, shall all be made alive.
- If you wish to have your baby baptized, here are some things you need to remember...Please complete the Baptismal Registration Form available from the parish office and return to the parish office.
- Parents are required to attend a baptismal class unless the child in question has an older sibling that has already been baptized in the Catholic faith here, or at another parish. Baptismal classes are held on the second Sunday of each month at 1:30pm. Please pick a Baptismal Preparation Class Registration form from the parish office and return the form when completed.
- Sponsors do not need to take the class.
- Baptisms are done by appointment.
- If you wish to have your child (over the age of seven) baptized, here are some things you need to remember...A child, seven or older must be instructed in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation, since both sacraments will be given.
- A home instruction program for parents to work with their children is available from our Faith Formation office.
- Once the instruction is completed and turned back into the Faith Formation Director, she will notify parish administration and you can call Mary Beth (727-393-1288 x 208) to schedule the sacraments.
Adults seeking baptism will probably need to proceed through RCIA with the assumption that their baptism in the Catholic Church signifies their desire to become Catholic as well. This will not only prepare them for baptism, but Confirmation, First Eucharist, and First Reconciliation as well. They should discuss this with the pastor or RCIA Coordinator.
If you would like to baptize your child in another church, or need a letter of "Good Standing" to be a Godparent or Sponsor, please pick up a form at the parish office. Complete the form and return to the Parish office.
Did you know....most Christian baptisms are universally recognized by the Catholic Church!